I need information on a shipping company?

Mickey Lake

I need information on a shipping company?

Post by Mickey Lake » Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:54 am

It would appear that the IDA has some great connections within the world of shipping. There is a very good chance that we will have a boat shipped from the UK to the US (west coast in this instance) in the near future. Could someone recommend a company that we can talk to, or put me in touch with them? This would be a big help to us here in North America.

Thanks.

Mickey Lake
AIDA National Secretary
A disciple of the Norse God of aesthetically pleasing boats, Johan Anker.

Ancient Geek

Post by Ancient Geek » Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:10 am

As an individual you will be better going to an agent who wil arrange everything for you including the mountain of pper work however A P Moller AKA Maersk are a very good container line.

trw999

Post by trw999 » Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:50 am

Mickey

I have spoken to one of our club members who is in the shipping world. He says that the only line who ships direct from UK to the West Coast are Fred Olsen (into LA and San Francisco). They are Ipswich based. See http://www.fredolsen.co.uk/agency/index.htm

He also suggested that you talk to the shipping company organising the transportation of European Dragons to the Uraguay regatta in November.

Hope this helps!

T

Mickey Lake

It does help.

Post by Mickey Lake » Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:48 pm

It helps a lot. Thanks, guys. I will pass all of this on to the parties involved.

Mickey Lake
A disciple of the Norse God of aesthetically pleasing boats, Johan Anker.