Two old girls looking for new homes.

Mickey Lake

Two old girls looking for new homes.

Post by Mickey Lake » Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:13 am

I was contacted today by the owner/representative of two older Dragons currently in the Seattle area. Both boats were projects once started that can not be completed by the current owners, and they would like to find new homes for them. One boat in particular is noteworthy, as it is the old 'Caprice', sailed by Don Cohan and his team to the bronze medal at the 1972 Olympic games. The other boat does not have such a distinguished pedigree, but is nonetheless a Dragon, and that makes her worth saving.

There's no point in denying that these boats will need complete restorations to bring them back to the world of racing Dragons. 'Caprice' comes with two rigs and a trailer. I believe that the second boat is complete as well but I couldn't swear to it.

I have promised to try and find good homes for these beautiful old warriors and as such am placing adverts such as this one everywhere I am able. If you know of a boatbuilding school or shop that would interested in taking on one of these projects please let me know, or if you know someone who would like to be a part of bringing back a big part of our classes history, let me know that as well. I have the contact information and can get you in touch.

Thanks,

Mickey Lake
AIDA National Secretary
A disciple of the Norse God of aesthetically pleasing boats, Johan Anker.